Join us in Ecuador and its enchanted Andean Mountains. We visit Quito, the Avenue of Volcanoes and one of the largest indigenous markets in South America. This is an adventure you will never forget!
|Visit to a local Indigenous Market The Avenue of Volcanoes and Cotopaxi|
|Great learning opportunities to connect with local people and to discover the unique natural spots.|
Variety of Transport:
|Short walks along the trails on the trails near Cotopaxi. Short walks to visit the local markets.|
Unique Local Experiences:
|Meet with the unique Indian people of the Andes. Excellent opportunity to try local cuisine, see unique local handicrafts and nature’s many wonders.|
|Day 01||Arrive at Quito||Boutique Hotel|
|Day 02||Excursion: Cotopaxi National Park||B||Boutique Hotel|
|Day 03||Excursion to the Equator and Otavalo Market||B||Boutique Hotel|
B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
Day – 01 QUITO
Once you arrive at the airport in Quito, go through immigration, get your visitor visa. Once out of the arrival hall look for our representative holding Off The Map Adventure’s sign waiting to welcome you and to assist you to your hotel in Quito. Enjoy your visit to the historic center of Quito where you can visit the Basilica del Voto Nacional, one of the largest churches in Ecuador and one of the most important works of Ecuadorian neo-gothic architecture. While the outside of the building stands out for its stone carvings that represent plants and animals of the country, the inside consists of 24 chapels. Beneath the structure are crypts in which lie the remains of several former presidents of the Republic, and on top of the 100-meter-tall church is a beautiful gazebo that also serves as a small cafe. We will continue on to the vibrant Plaza Grande (“Independence Square”), which is surrounded by the Cathedral, the Presidential Palace, the Municipal Building and the Archbishop’s Palace. We will then visit the church of the “Compañia de Jesus” to find its impressive interior inlaid in gold.
Day – 02 EXCURSION TO COTOPAXI
Early in the morning, we will pick you up at your Quito hotel and drive south along the Pan-American Highway to Cotopaxi National Park, a spectacular ecological reserve covering 139 square miles (36,000 hectares). Within this area is situated the magnificent Cotopaxi Volcano, which rises 3.66 miles (5,897 meters) above sea level. The evergreen landscape of the Ecuadorian Andes, with its spectacular volcanoes, is one of the country’s biggest attractions. On this tour we will travel along valleys and plains with their multicolored fields. After an hour and a half we will reach the main entrance of Cotopaxi National Park. The guide will then explain the culture and natural history of the Andean ecosystems there. After a few more minutes of travel, we will make our way to the edge of Lake Limpiopungo and admire a variety of birds, and occasionally even wild horses. On clear days you can witness the magnificent cone of Cotopaxi, which appears like a postcard background. A short walk around the lake will allow us to admire the Andean plant and animal life along the way. We will have lunch at a local restaurant before returning to Quito in the afternoon. Meals Breafkast & Lunch
Day – 03 EXCURSION TO OTAVALO
In the morning we will begin this trip from Quito, heading north along the Pan-American Highway and making a brief stop in the town of Miralago for a superb view of Lake San Pablo. During this stop, you will also have a chance to taste delicious Bizcochos, a type of cookie or bread baked in a clay oven and covered with local cheese or caramel sauce. From there we will head to the town of Otavalo, home to Ecuador’s largest indigenous market and one of the best known in all of Latin America. The market sets up every day, allowing you to spend a few hours wandering through its bustling handicrafts market, in addition to its food markets. Later, it will be up to you if you’d like to go for a short hike around beautiful Cuicocha Lake or do a bit more Otavalo shopping and people watching. We can also visit a family of weavers who not only have amazing wares but will actually demonstrate how they weave on their traditional back-strap looms and how they make striking colors from local plants. Around the corner from here lives a family of musicians, where you’ll get a feel for Andean music and watch as perfectly tuned Andean flutes are crafted in minutes.
Day – 04 Quito – Departure
After breakfast transfer to the airport for your departure flight to the next destination.
- Accommodation: Our unique select hotels/guest houses with clean rooms, reliable service and safe for foreign travellers.Meals: Meals as mentioned in the program outline, are included
- Meals: As mentioned with the program.
- All entrance fees for sites are included in the tour with the exception of those that are mentioned otherwise.
- Air-conditioned transport throughout the tour (as per sightseeing program and hotel transfers).
- Experienced and professional chauffeurs.
- Sightseeing as mentioned with the tour details.
- English speaking guide and/or trip leaders.
Services do not include:
- Entry visas (if applicable).
- If you book your flights yourself, you may be required to pay an additional cost for the airport transfers. Please contact our office to confirm.
- International Airfare (except mentioned otherwise).
- Domestic Airfare (except mentioned otherwise).
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, drinks, use of mini-bar at the hotels, laundry or personal medications.
- Any expenses that may arise due to unforeseen natural or political situation.
- Insurance: We strongly recommend that all clients consider buying Trip Cancellation/Interruption + Medical Travel Insurance. Contact our office for a quote.
- Tips and gratuities to porters, guides, drivers and trip leaders.
- This trip may only operate with a minimum number of participants.
- Sudden changes in the foreign currency rates can impact the prices. We can only protect our prices as long as they do not change over 5%.